The ASiT x Annals of Medicine and Surgery x RCSEng Medical Student Essay Prize 2022
Applications Now Closed for 2023
We are delighted to accept entries for this year's ASiT x Annals of Medicine & Surgery x RCSEng Medical Student Essay Prize!
Essays of no more than 1500 words are invited exploring the following title:
"Lessons from the pandemic: how can we enhance surgical training in undergraduate education?"
The fantastic essay prizes will be:
- 1st Place: PubMed publication in "Annals of Medicine and Surgery" (subject to peer review) + £150 cash prize
- 2nd Place: £50 cash prize + free place on the Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCSEng) "Surgical Skills Course for Students" + free 1-year RCSEng affiliate membership
- 3rd Place: Free 1-year RCSEng affiliate membership
Submitting an Entry:
Essays must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to our Medical Student Representative (Setthasorn Ooi - email@example.com) with "MEDICAL STUDENT ESSAY PRIZE 2022" as the email subject no later than the above deadline.
- All entrants must be ASiT members and medical students in a UK or ROI medical school at the time of application
- Essays should be written in Arial size 12 font, double-spaced and referenced in the Vancouver style
- The total word count should not exceed 1500 words (excluding the cover page and reference list)
- Applicants should include a cover page detailing their full name, ASiT membership number, medical school year and region, email address and postal address
For more information about the Annals of Medicine & Surgery and the Royal College of Surgeons of England, please visit their websites at https://www.journals.elsevier.com/annals-of-medicine-and-surgery and https://www.rcseng.ac.uk/
We look forward to receiving your entry.