The ASiT x RCSEng Foundation Doctor Essay Prize 2023
Applications Now Closed for 2023
We are delighted to accept entries for this year's ASiT x RCSEng Foundation Doctor Essay Prize!
Essays of no more than 1500 words are invited exploring the following title:
"Addressing Barriers in Surgical Training: Evaluating the impact of increased competition and stagnant training numbers on the future of the surgical workforce."
The fantastic essay prizes, provided in collaboration with our sponsor RCSEng, will be:
- 1st Place: Essay published in RCSEng Bulletin Journal, £200 cash prize
- 2nd Place: 25% off the RCSEng Basic Surgical Skills Course, £100 cash prize
- 3rd place: 15% off RCSEng Basic Surgical Skills Course, £100 cash prize
Submitting an Entry:
Essays must be emailed to email@example.com and copied to our Foundation Doctor Representative (Dr Aqua Asif - firstname.lastname@example.org) with "FOUNDATION ESSAY PRIZE 2023" as the email subject no later than the above deadline.
- All entrants must be ASiT members
- Eligible entrants include:
- Foundation Doctor in a recognised Foundation Programme (e.g. F1 or F2) at the time of application
- Those at an appropriate and equivalent level for candidates who have not yet entered a formal surgical training position (including locally employed doctors, trust grade, and 'FY3' or equivalent)
- Essays should be written in Arial size 12 font, double-spaced and referenced in the Vancouver style
- The total word count should not exceed 1500 words (excluding the cover page and reference list)
- Applicants should include a cover page detailing their full name, ASiT membership number, Foundation Programme year and region, email address and postal address
We look forward to receiving your entry.
Please note: Bursary recipients are also expected to write a report for the ASiT Yearbook (the ASiT Yearbook Editor will be in contact to arrange this) and may be invited to share their experience in the ASiT Annual Conference prizes and bursaries session.