ASiT Surgical Research Training Grants
Applications Now Closed for 2023
ASiT is delighted to offer its members the opportunity to apply for grants to support research projects that aim to improve surgical training. Each bursary is worth up to £500 (3 bursaries will be awarded).
- ASiT member at the time of application
- All career grades will be considered (FY1 and above)
- All applications will be considered as long as they are submitted before the project is started
- The bursary will go towards covering any expenses relevant to the research project
Please email email@example.com with the subject "ASiT Training and Research Grant" and the following attached:
- A detailed research proposal (1-2 pages) detailing:
- How the project will benefit surgical training
- A breakdown of anticipated costs (include any funding already obtained/applied for) and how you intend to use the ASiT grant funding if successful
- Letter of support from your research supervisor
- Summary of your CV (2 pages max.)
- Please include your ASiT membership number on the application
Applications will be scored according to merit and successful applicants notified shortly after the deadline and sent instructions on how to claim the bursary amount.
All claims will be reimbursed retrospectively once receipts for expenses are provided.
- If ethical or audit approval and/or University/Trust sponsorship is required for the project, your application can still be submitted prior to the approvals being in place. However, receipt of the grant will be subject to those approvals where relevant.
- Bursary recipients are also expected to write a report for the ASiT Yearbook (the ASiT Yearbook Editor will be in contact to arrange this) and may be invited to share their experience in the ASiT Annual Conference prizes and bursaries session.
- Applicants are only eligible for one ASiT bursary per project. Should the candidate apply to and be shortlisted for more than one bursary (based on raw marks), it will be up to the judges discretion to decide which funds is awarded to the candidate